Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S)
Q.1 How do I sign up for the service?
Simply go to the Create An Account and follow the instructions. It will take less than 15 minutes to complete the process. Once completed, you may begin screening applicants immediately.
Q.2 What is included in each "Applicant Screen"?
Depending on the state where your applicant is coming from, offers a variety of different product package combinations consisting of: Multi-State Eviction, Multi-State Criminal, Credit Evaluation, Address Search, National Sex Offender Registry, Social Security Number Fraud Check, and OFAC - US Treasury Dept. Database Watch. Please note the screening state is based on your applicant's address.
Q.3 Do I receive the full credit report or FICO credit score?
Yes the latest full report with the true credit score.
Q.4 Do I have to commit to a certain usage amount or period of time?
Absolutely not. Landlord Protection Network is a pay-as-you-go service.
Q.5 How do I pay for the Landlord Protection Network service?
Landlord Protection Network is a pay-as-you-go service with no invoicing. We accept all major credit cards including American Express, VISA, MasterCard, and Discovery Card or checks.
Q.6 How much does each applicant screen cost?
Landlord Protection Network offers multiple packages and individual reports.. Please (click Here) to view all product choices.
Q.7 Can I purchase only separate reports of the Landlord Protection Network service?
Yes.. We offer individual reports ..click here to review.
Q.8 How long does it take to process an applicant?
15 minutes or less. If there are any potential Criminal Records for your applicant, our Public Records Team will manually cross-check the records for you.
Q.9 What information do I need from my applicant to begin the screening process?
You will need the applicant's DOB, SSN, legal name and legal address.
Q.10 What information will you need from the tenant?
You will need SSN, legal name and legal address.
Q.11 How can a company sign up to use Landlord Protection Network services?
A company simply needs to choose one individual to create the account. Once the account is created, the username and password can be shared with other employees. Or each employee could create their own account since it is free to do so.
Q.12 Does Landlord Protection Network provide a recommendation of whether or not to accept an applicant?
Yes… We will review and recommend. Final decision is always you.
Q.13 Where does Landlord Protection Network get its data?
- Credit Evaluation – Landlord Protection Network will access and evaluate credit history from one of the three National Credit Bureaus.
- Multi-State Criminal, Multi-State Eviction, and National Sex Offender – Landlord Protection Network receives data and information from each state that participates in the multi - state databases. However, the data received is dependent upon what each jurisdiction within the state is willing to provide and therefore varies from state to state.
- Address Search - Address Search is powered by a database that pulls address information from many sources, including postal address records, financial institutions, utility service providers, and many more. The result is a more comprehensive and up-to-date picture of where the applicant is moving from and where they have lived.
- OFAC - "Office of Foreign Assets Control" maintained by the US Treasury Department
- SSN Fraud - Provides actionable warning messages from the credit bureaus that may indicate that your applicant has committed fraudulent activity or identity theft.
Q.14 What type of security does Landlord Protection Network utilize?
Landlord Protection Network Screening utilizes some of the most advanced technology for Internet security available today. When you create and access your account, sensitive information is encrypted with industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption.